Tunnel to Towers is a top-rated charity that supports first responders and military families. They are known for their efficient use of donations and their transparency.
Checkout this video:
Founded in 2002, the Tunnel to Towers (T2T) Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) non-profit organization named for Stephen Siller, a New York City firefighter who died during the September 11 attacks. The foundation’s stated mission is “to honor the sacrifice of firefighter Stephen Siller who left his family on September 11, 2001 to run through the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel to the Twin Towers and perished while saving others, by supporting our first responders and military heroes.”
The foundation raises money to support military personnel and first responders through a variety of programs. One such program is the Building for America’s Bravest initiative, which builds “smart homes” for injured service members. T2T also provides financial assistance to families of first responders who have been killed in the line of duty, offers scholarships, and hosts an annual 5K run/walk event in New York City.
Since its inception, T2T has raised over $160 million. According to its website, 89% of donations go towards its programs and services, with the remaining 11% going towards administrative and fundraising costs. The organization has been highly rated by independent charity watchdog groups like Charity Navigator and GuideStar.
So is Tunnel to Towers a good charity? If you’re looking to support a non-profit that benefits military personnel and first responders, then T2T is definitely worth considering.
What is the Tunnel to Towers Foundation?
The Tunnel to Towers Foundation is a charity that was founded in 2002 to honor the memory of Stephen Siller, a New York City firefighter who lost his life during the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. The foundation’s mission is “to honor the sacrifice of first responders killed in the line of duty and to support their families and loved ones.”
To date, the foundation has provided assistance to more than 70,000 families and first responders across the United States. The foundation has also worked to build or adapt homes for more than 100 disabled veterans, as well as building classrooms in memory of fallen soldiers.
The Tunnel to Towers Foundation has received high marks from watchdog groups like Charity Navigator and the Better Business Bureau’s Wise Giving Alliance. The foundation has an A+ rating from Charity Navigator and is accredited by the BBB.
How does the Tunnel to Towers Foundation help?
The Tunnel to Towers Foundation is a non profit organization that was created to honor the memory of Stephen Siller, a New York City firefighter who lost his life on September 11, 2001. The foundation’s mission is “to provide support and assistance to first responders and military personnel who have been catastrophically injured in the line of duty.”
In addition to providing financial assistance to injured first responders and their families, the foundation also working to build “smart homes” for severely injured veterans. These homes are custom-designed to meet the unique needs of each individual veteran, and are meant to help them regain their independence.
The Tunnel to Towers Foundation has an excellent reputation, and has been rated four out of four stars by Charity Navigator. Money donated to the foundation goes towards its programs and services, with less than 3% going towards overhead expenses. If you’re looking for a charity to donate to, the Tunnel to Towers Foundation is a great option.
What are some of the criticisms of the Tunnel to Towers Foundation?
The Tunnel to Towers Foundation has been criticized for a number of reasons. Some have said that the Foundation gives too much money to families of first responders who died on 9/11, while others have said that the Foundation does not do enough to support first responders who are still alive and need help.
Another criticism of the Tunnel to Towers Foundation is that it has ties to the Republican Party. The Foundation was founded by Stephen Siller, a New York City firefighter who died on 9/11. Siller’s brother, Frank, is a major Republican donor, and some people believe that the Foundation is used as a way to funnel money to the Republican Party.
Finally, some people have criticized the Tunnel to Towers Foundation for its support ofthe Iraq War. The Foundation has given money to families of troops who have died in Iraq, and some people believe that this is an endorsement of the war.
After taking a closer look at Tunnel to Towers, we can conclude that it is indeed a good charity. They have a solid track record of efficiently using donations to help first responders and military families, and they have high marks from independent charity evaluators. If you’re looking to donate to a charity that supports these heroes, Tunnel to Towers is a great option.